We have a fantastic opportunity for a Profit Protection Manager to join a growing business at their head office based in Staffordshire. This role is integral to the business and therefore an opportunity for an individual to push on in their career and add value from an early stage. You will need to be hardworking, efficient and possess excellent attention to detail.
Working as part of the head office function and closely with the Finance Director and Financial Controller – this role focusses on reducing cash, stock and asset loss throughout the business by developing awareness of fraud issues across all departments. This is an essential role to ensure there is a well policed environment which will create an effective deterrent to loss of cash, stock and assets.
Alongside other duties you will be responsible for leading two assistants within the team. Previous experience of leading individuals is ideal.
Key duties will include:
- Working closely with the Finance Director, Commercial Managers and other Senior Leaders across the business on projects to reduce the risk of loss within all areas creating a well-controlled fraud environment based on effective and robust procedures.
- To identify all areas of loss within the commercial environment, reporting findings of investigations and providing meaningful fraud analysis to Commercial Managers recommending appropriate actions, with the goal of reducing stock and cash loss.
- To identify areas of admissions fraud and weak controls and to develop action plans for reducing this with the Finance Director and Operations Director.
- Ensure a constant focus on profit protection within the business throughout the year.
- Ensure all investigations conducted comply with the business HR policies, Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Attend and contribute at Profit Protection meetings and Cross Group Profit Protection forums.
- Work with internal customers to advocate innovations in profit protection.
- Manage the production, review and distribution of ‘shorts and overs’ reports.
- Support the main full stock counting processes by auditing accounts.
- Develop long term co-operative relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Analyse unit profit and loss statements on a monthly basis, highlighting areas of potential growth and improvement and challenging commercial managers to improve as applicable.
Those looking to apply must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a customer focused industry with experience of profit protection.
- Good knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills are required.
- Typically, your working hours will be 37.5 hours per week based on 5 days out of 7 with a requirement to work weekends and Bank Holidays.
For additional information please contact Kerri-Ann Hargreaves.
Privacy notice: At H2 Consultancy we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process – note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.